Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo “Danilo Dolci” is partner in a new European project funded under the Youth in Action programme sub-action 4.3 that will support the mobility of Youth Workers in Europe.
The 12 month project called PRoMOTE: New Perspectives Through Mobility and Exchange is coordinated by Merseyside Expanding Horizons (MEH) in the UK and involves the exchange of 2 youth workers from the UK and Italy. CSC Danilo Dolci is working in partnership with MEH to support the bilateral exchange. For 6 months a youth worker from MEH in Liverpool is currently working in Italy for CSC Danilo Dolci and MEH is hosting a youth worker from CSC Danilo Dolci in Italy. Both youth workers will work at local and European level in the delivery of projects within the youth field. The placements in the UK and Italy will provide the opportunity for both youth workers to experience a new intercultural experience whilst gaining new skills and competences in youth work.
Objectives of PRoMOTE are:
- Give youth workers the opportunity to experience a different working reality in another country
- Gain a better understanding of the European dimension of youth work
- Improve youth workers’ professional, intercultural and language competences
- Promote the exchange of experiences and approaches to youth work and non-formal education in Europe
- Contribute to develop stronger and better quality partnerships between youth organisations across Europe.
- Strengthen the quality and the role of youth work in Europe
The expected results will concern the two youth workers, the two hosting organisations and the local communities.
The two youth workers will:
- improve personal skills (social and intercultural)
- improve and obtain professional skills (linguistic and communication, non formal and creative working methods)
- increase knowledge and management of EU youth programmes
- create a professional network contacts
- grow awareness about active citizenship and his role for the community development.
MEH and CSC DaniloDolci will:
- strengthen collaboration with each other and increase their network
- exchange good practices
- have new input and ideas for new projects.
The local community will be have positive effects from the project by:
- raising awareness on active and European citizenship
- knowing more about EU opportunities, especially in the youth field.
Project Coordinator: Merseyside Expanding Horizons, United Kingdom, www.expandinghorizons.co.uk
Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo “Danilo Dolci”, www.danilodolci.org
CSC Danilo Dolci: Amico Dolci, email@example.com
For more information about the Youth in Action Programme 2007-2013 please click here (http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/youth/programme/about_youth_en.php)
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.