ACTIVE NOW is a volunteer project addressed to people aged over 50. It is a bilateral project that has involved the Center for Creative Development Danilo Dolci and the Community Action Dacorum. 6 English and 6 Italian volunteers have spent 3 weeks of volunteering abroad. The senior volunteers have shared their professional and/or life experience to develop the knowledge of the organisation and at the same time they have learned good practices and the working methods of the hosting organisation and of the local volunteer centre.
Programme: Lifelong Learning Programme – Grundtvig Senior Volunteering Project
Reference number: 2010-1-IT2-GRU14-14749 1
Date of the project: 1/08/2010 – 31/07/2012
- To promote intercultural and intergenerational dialogue;
- To reinforce good practices;
- To increase the local centre thanks to the contribution of senior volunteers;
- To encourage the active citizenship and the volunteering work;
- To provide the acquisition of new knowledge, capabilities and skills;
- To stimulate intergenerational dialogue and to share areas, activities and free time between young and senior people.
- Educational activities in local centre (centre for children, senior support and immigrants);
- Support to the local centre that provides assistance to homeless and immigrants (legal aid, soup kitchen, health and linguistic assistance);
- Gardening and woodworking activities that involve young and adult people running the risk of social exclusion;
- Participation in cultural and educational activities organized by hosting partner;
- Dissemination Activity of the results achieved at the local and International level.
- The Consortium: better professional experience, reinforcement of the partnership;
- Acquisition of new knowledge, skills and capabilities by adult trainees;
- Local communities: intercultural/intergenerational dialogue and knowledge of European Programme.
- Project Coordinator : Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci, Italy
- Community Action Dacorum
Anna Raspanti: email@example.com