The project TOUR4ALL aims to tackle the skill gap in Accessible Tourism VET by offering an upskilling training package, skill validation tool, and an online learning resource platform for both learners and trainers. The project idea took initiative from a large but neglected market of disabled tourists who are discouraged from going on vacation due to the absence of receiving competences of conventional tourist structures, especially their staff. In order to successfully promote and take better advantage of tourism as an efficient economical booster, remedies must be sought in order to cater for this potential group of travellers.
The project foresees the collaboration of a truly diverse groups of actors in terms of both number and expertise, laying the foundation for high quality and well-rounded final products. The consortium consists of 9 partners spreading over 6 countries from Northern, Southern, and Eastern Europe and is a proper mix of public body, association of disabled people, VET trainers, tourism agencies, and civil society organizations.
- Secondary and field research with interviews and focus group to identify the training needs.
- Data collection of good examples and exchange among all partners.
- Development of training materials in various forms for validation purpose.
- Small-scale pilot test of the validation materials in partner countries.
- Development of a Training Framework and Curricula Structure on Accessible Tourism
- Creation of a Tour4ALL resource e-learning platform for learners and trainers.
- Adaptation guidance for VET trainers on Accessible Tourism skills.
- Coordinator: CEPROF – Centros Escolares de Ensino Profissional, Lda (Portugal)
- INOVA+ Servicos De Consultadoria Em Inovacao Tecnologica S.A. (Portugal)
- IHK – Projektgesellschaft GmbH (Germany)
- European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training – EfVET (Belgium)
- Centro Per Lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci (Italy)
- Fondazione M.E.T.A Musei Eventi Turismo Alghero (Italy)
- Stage Within European Programmes, S.L. (Spain)
- Ovar Forma – Ensino e Formação Lda (Portugal)
- The Lithuanian Association of People with Disabilities (Lituania)
DG EAC, Education and Training, Erasmus+ Program – Strategic Partnerships | VET
01/10/2016 – 30/09/2018
CSC: Vidjaya Thelen, email@example.com