SSpfCTP – Strengthening Single-Parent Families with Customized Training Programme
Nowadays, the single-parent family structure is increasing. It is important to be aware of these families and to develop social policies to solve their problems. In addition, the professional knowledge of the professionals serving these families should be improved. With this respect, a customized training programme for improving single parents’ parenting skills are very important in terms of both the quality of life of these families and the developmental processes of their children. Although there are a lot of studies on single-parent families, there isn’t any training programme for single-parent families to improve their capacity of parenting in Turkey and in European countries. Starting from this point, the basic aim of this project is to develop such a modular training programme for developing the parenting skills based on the basic needs of these families.
- Uncovering the needs of single parents;
- Development of professional knowledge and skills on single-parent families;
- Increasing scientific studies for single-parent families;
- Developing materials for strengthening single-parent families;
- Reduction of social exclusion and strengthening of single-parent families;
- Resolving the adaptation and behaviour problems of children with the strengthening of single-parent families;
- Raising awareness of the needs of single-parent families.
ACTIVITIES AND RESULTS
- Need analysis for single parent families;
- Customized training programme for developing parenting skills of single parents;
- Guide book for trainers on the training programme for developing parenting skills of single parents families;
- Manual for single parent families;
- An outdoor virtual platform.
At the end of the project, there will be resources for single-parent families to be applied by professionals. The programme can be used by organizations such as public education centres, social service centres, NGOs.
Kırıkkale Family, Labor, and Health Directory, coordinator (Turkey)
Kırıkkale University (Turkey)
Kirikkale Association for the Development of Lifelong Education and Vocational Training (Turkey)
SZUBJEKTIV ERTEKEKEK ALAPITVANY (Hungary)
Fundacja Family Center (Poland)
(Erasmus + – KA2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices – Strategic Partnerships for adult education)
01/10/2019 – 30/09/2021