GROWE – Get Readers on the Wavelength of Emotions
This project aims to develop teacher trainers’ and subsequently teachers’ competences to address students’ literacy and emotional learning needs. In doing this, it will develop a model of integrated intervention for literacy and social-emotional skills development, relying on the use of high-quality authentic texts from contemporary children’s and adolescents’ literature. GROWE intends to target teachers and teacher trainers, whose professional profile we will strengthen. Teachers of diverse disciplines (not just language and literature teachers) will develop their competences to implement disciplinary literacy in that students will use meaningful reading and writing learning activities and master these strategies using diverse authentic texts for young people, while learning the discipline. Simultaneously, students will enhance their social-emotional skills by learning to recognise and manage their emotions, establishing positive relationships and making responsible decisions.
The GROWE project main objectives are to:
- increase the partner organisations’ capacity to support teachers in developing their students’ literacy and social-emotional skills;
- develop and test an in-service teacher training course in blended learning format to prepare teachers for addressing students’ literacy and social-emotional learning needs;
- develop a toolkit (OER) with good practice to inspire teachers to adopt effective strategies for developing their students’ literacy and social-emotional skills.
- Development of GROWE Training Course curriculum as in-service teacher-training course in blended learning format to prepare teachers for addressing students’ literacy and social-emotional learning needs
- 5-days Summer-school for train the trainers (12 teachers’ educators) (teacher educators) to the basic concepts of combined disciplinary literacy and social-emotional skills development
- Testing the training programme in each partner country with 25 teachers
- Collection of best practices and case studies from the schools’ experiences during the testing for the development of GROWE toolkit
- IO1 – Curriculum of the training course. This training course addresses primary and secondary teachers in pre-service or in-service training. The course aims to develop the teachers’ professionals’ skills to address students’ literacy and social-emotional learning needs.
- IO2 – Methodology for data collection to document the piloting of the curriculum. This intellectual output will allow us to study the effects of the training course on the trainee teachers and their students, based on which we will be able to revise and finalise IO1.
- O3 – Toolkit (OER) including good practice to inspire teachers to adopt effective strategies for developing their students’ literacy and social-emotional skills.
- Coordinator: University of Gloucestershire (United Kingdom)
- Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci (Italy)
- Asociatia LSDGC (Romania)
- Siuolaikiniu Didaktiku Centras (Lithuania)
Erasmus + KA2, Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices, Strategic Partnership in the field of SCHOOL
01/09/2019 – 31/08/2022