COMMIT – COMMunIcation campaign against exTremism and radicalization
COMMIT will prevent & dissuade vulnerable young people (13 – 25) in 4 partner countries from extremism, radicalism & terrorism providing them with skills relevant to co- create counter narratives challenging extremist online propaganda and alternative narratives promoting democratic values, tolerance & cooperation, and to identify & resist extremist online content.
COMMIT adopts a trans-medial approach combining online campaigning (3 campaign will be developed addressing: fake news, hate speech, populistic propaganda; right-/left-wing extremism; Islamic radicalism & terrorism) & face to face activities (workshops, contest, events). COMMIT will also improve the capacity of university students, media professionals, Civil Society Organisations, Internet companies, stakeholders to meet the new challenges linked to extremist propaganda online & radicalisation, training them in alternative & counter narratives and their use in prevention of radicalisation through a capacity building programme.
- Campaign research (content analysis and target audience mapping) and communication strategy for the campaigns’ development;
- Capacity Building for: 1. internal staff of the project; 2. university students, civil society organisations and local stakeholders (10 training sessions for a total of 30h); 3. young people (approx. 26h of workshops & contest);
- Development and co-creation of 3 communication campaigns against extremism and radicalization, monitoring and evaluation;
- Development of COMMIT Declaration;
- Creation of a local network.
- 3 communication campaigns against extremism and radicalisation: addressing:
- fake news, hate speech, populistic propaganda;
- right-/left-wing extremism;
- Islamic radicalism & terrorism;
- COMMIT Declaration;
- Setting up and implementation of intervention support via dedicated online channels to support people affected by/close to Islamic radical and terrorist groups;
- Coordinatore: CENTRO PER LO SVILUPPO CREATIVO DANILO DOLCI, Italy
- KENTRO MERIMNAS OIKOGENEIAS KAI PAIDIOU – KMOP, Greece
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI PALERMO, Italy
- DIE BERATER UNTERNEHMENSBERATUNGS GESELLSCHAFT MBH, Austria
- TEXTGAIN BVBA, Belgium
ISFP-2018-AG-CT-CSEP – Internal Security Fund – Police; Civil Society Empowerment Programme
01/01/2020 – 31/10/2021