How to support tourist operators in acquiring skills in the field of the accessible tourism?
On the 23rd and 24th January 2018, the third transnational meeting of the Tour4all partners took place in Palermo.
The members of the consortium discussed during the meeting pressing issues and had a look at what was already accomplished in the last 8 months. Following the time-line closely, the project is now halfway through the second output.
The Tour4all team was able to see all the finished English versions of the modules, some already translated. Also the finished resources where presented, which will have the form of an animated PowerPoint video.
Furthermore, the team members gave their feedback on the finished teacher guidelines and an almost finished platform. Multiplier events and dissemination activities have been organized and the project is ready for the wider public.
This means that much progress has been made, with only some steps to take before a piloting will take place in Germany, Portugal and Italy in the upcoming months, and consequently the final publication. Other points for the future are meetings with stakeholders, multiplier events in all partner countries and a Final conference in Brussels, foreseen after the summer holiday.
Tour4All is a 2-year project funded by DG EAC, Erasmus+ Programme, KA2 Strategic Partnerships | VET. It takes the mission to tackle the skill gap in Accessible Tourism VET by offering an upskilling training package, skill validation tool, and an online learning resource platform for both learners and trainers.
The project partnership holds together 9 organisations:
- CEPROF – Centros Escolares de Ensino Profissional, Lda(Portugal, coordinator);
- INOVA+ Servicos De Consultadoria Em Inovacao Tecnologica S.A.(Portugal);
- IHK – Projektgesellschaft GmbH(Germany);
- European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training – EfVET(Belgium);
- Fondazione M.E.T.A Musei Eventi Turismo Alghero(Italy);
- Stage Within European Programmes, S.L.(Spain);
- Ovar Forma – Ensino e Formação Lda(Portugal);
- The Lithuanian Association of People with Disabilities(Lithuania);
- Centro Per Lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci (Italy).