From 28 to 30 October 2019, the second Capacity Building Workshop of the PRIORITY project was held in Palermo.
In Larissa, the first Capacity Building introduced the project, defining some key words that are fundamental for understanding the PRIORITY project, such as: radicalization, marginalization, extremism, social inclusion and integration.
In addition, we started to understand how to build the PRIORITY HUB, i.e. both physical and online spaces in which to organize social inclusion activities for marginalized young people and those at risk of radicalization.
In Palermo at Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci office, the second Capacity Building was address for the future youth workers who will implement activities in the Hubs; the PRIOTITY Hub – Super Hero!
We talked about the role of youth workers and about non-formal and informal education and in addition, we stressed what an intercultural society means and how to deal with stereotypes and cultural shocks.
The objectives of the workshop:
- How to deal with young people at risk of marginalisation and radicalisation? Participants were asked to represent the main personal and structural obstacles to the social inclusion of young people at local level.
- List the set of tools available to youth workers to identify the main risks and barriers to the social inclusion of young people in the local community.
- How to motivate young people to participate and engage? Design and offer attractive activities for young people.
- How to create peer educators and multipliers among young people at risk of exclusion?
PRIORITY is a project funded by Erasmus + – KA3: Social inclusion through education, training and youth and has a duration of 3 years (31/01/2019 – 30/01/2022).
- Jugend-&Kulturproject – coordinator (Germany)
- Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci (Italy)
- ASSIST Softwer SRL (Romania)
- MV International (Italy)
- Kainotomia (Greece)
For further information about the project, please contact Federica La Mantia: email@example.com.