United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) indicates that in recent years there is an increased emphasis on functional literacy and the view of literacy as a continuum of skills that cannot be fully captured with traditional dichotomous measures of literacy.
When we talk about functionally illiterate, we refer to
A person is functionally illiterate who cannot engage in all those activities in which literacy is required for effective functioning of his group and community and also for enabling him to continue to use reading, writing and calculation for his own and the community’s development.
How can we reduce social exclusion amongst adults in Europe?
How can we increase the effectiveness of the fight against the functional illiteracy among low qualified adults?
On the 23rd and 24th November, the Kick of Meeting of the DECENT – Digital strategies of Enhancement of the basic skills among adults as a ChancE to fight agaiNst functional illiteracy – project took place in Curtea de Arges (Romania).
DECENT project aims at increasing the effectiveness of the fight against the functional illiteracy among low qualified adults who are at risk of social exclusion in Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Spain and Italy.
To reach the objective, the partners will realize different activities, among which:
- Researching on national information with stakeholders through 2 workshops per country;
- Questionnaire research (at least 30 beneficiaries per country);
- Preparation of report with conclusions;
- Each partner will develop a module of an e-course.
The results attended by the various national activities will bring to the development of the Decent life without illiteracy course and the e-Tool for fighting with functional illiteracy.
The project has a duration of 24 months and is funded by Erasmus+, KA2 Strategic Partnerships for adult education.
The partnership is composed by:
- Asociatia de Dezvoltare Economico-Sociala (Romania, Coordinator);
- Stowarzyszenie Centrum Wspierania Edukacji I Przedsiebiorczosci (Poland);
- Znam i Moga LTD (Bulgaria);
- Cardet – Centre for Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology Ltd (Cyprus);
- Instalofi Levante SL (Spain);
- Centro per lo sviluppo creativo “Danilo Dolci” (Italy).
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.