The course will be focused on Living Library tool and on the different ways of hosting refugees/migrants in the partner’s countries.
Living Library is a useable tool for integration and networking, in the last years it has been tested in several European countries and supported by Council of Europe. The only difference with a normal library is that books are people, and reading consists of a conversation!
The NGO Pr’Animação – Associação de Animação Cultural will offer an intensive course in Portalegre (Portugal) for young people between 18 and 35 years old, who are interested in training in European and social field. Anyone interested is kindly invited to send a letter of interest by May 19th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of Training: Living Library – Europe will be our home?
Where? Portalegre (Portogallo)
When? May 27th – June 4th, 2017
Costs: accommodation and food are 100% covered. Travel costs are covered with a maximum amount of 275 euro
Who are eligible:
- Young people interested in formation as Youth Worker, social operator, team leaders in NGOs and informal groups
- Young people interested in a training experience abroad in social field
- Young professionals who want to enhance their skills and abilities in the fields of hosting, integration and discrimination
Methodologies: Non-formal learning tools like name games, team-building games, workshops, presentations, debates, cooperative learning method and peer learning
Objectives: Prepare the participants to use Living Library (to gain competences to prepare, implement and evaluate a Living Library event) and to strength the awareness about discrimination and prejudices.
Please bring the following:
- Personal hygiene utensils;
- Traditional food and drinks for the International Evening;
- Prepare also for the intercultural evening a song, a dance or a game from your country;
- Information materials (flyers, posters, etc.) about your organisations.